We are looking for a qualified/part-qualified Accountant Technician to join our team and assist with delivering our clients’ reporting compliance requirements.
We are looking for an ambitious, driven, self-motivated individual to join our finance team at our Malahide office. The type of person we are looking for will have relevant experience as a Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant, with responsibility for maintaining clients’ purchase/sales ledgers, completing bank reconciliations and preparing monthly management accounts. You will be a team player with a desire to grow with a well-established practice.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a busy accounting practice;
- An excellent understanding and previous hands on experience using Xero, Relate Accounts Production (RAP) and SAGE 50 software;
- Accurate processing and coding of invoices including staff expenses;
- Maintaining contact with clients to ensure supporting documentation is available.
- Ability to complete daily bank reconciliations using Xero and SAGE 50 software.
- Maintaining the fixed assets register;
- VAT returns – preparation and submission;
- PAYE reconciliations;
- Preparation of and posting of month end journals;
- Preparation of draft financial statements in accordance with FRS 102;
- Computer literate including strong Excel skills;
- A well-structured individual that can plan and manage their time and opportunities effectively and is familiar with providing regular updates to the Management Team on their progress;
- Participate in weekly team meetings to discuss progress;
- Assist in the preparation of audit files;
- Other ad-hoc office duties.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Experience using Xero, RAP and Sage 50;
- Excellent listening and communication skills, able to communicate with people at all levels;
- Well-structured, punctual and organized and able to prioritize work;
- Part-qualified ATI or qualified accounting technician;
- Experience using Microsoft Office – in particular, Outlook, Word and Excel.